Welcome to Mas del Encanto. We are Axel and Sandrine, and we've built our little corner of heaven in Matarranya, a rather unknown (but stunning) part of Aragon, Spain. Our house is off the grid: we use electricity from solar panels and water from our borehole and rainwater catchment. We're also setting up a small farm, as we aim to produce most our own food. We love to share this with other people, both online (with a Facebook page and a blog) and offline (we offer farm stays and workshops, and Coffee & Cake Thursdays). Sandrine also has her own blog, called Simple Living in Spain; she shares everything about our lifestyle and our journey towards self-sufficiency, our animals and our attempts to keep chickens and alpacas.
Enjoy surfing around our website, and don't hesitate to contact us if you've got any questions or comments!
- Axel, Sandrine & the animals
- About the farm - olives & almonds, permaculture, gardening and making big plans
- About the chickens - eggs and chickens for sale
- About the house and how living off the grid works for us
Stay at our Bed & Breakfast (Casa Rural)
- General information
- Information about and pictures of our rooms
- Frequently Asked Questions about the B&B
- Good to know before coming here
- Simple Living Holidays: workshops and all-inclusive learning holidays
- What to do and where to go when you're here